The Educator Initiative Grant (EIG) program is an annual program that supports teacher-initiated, classroom-based projects in Summit County.
Applications for the 2024-2025 will be available no later than December 1, 2023. Download the Applicant Guide below to learn more information to prepare for the open application period.
How To Apply
Identify a Team Leader
Identify the educator who will serve as the primary contact for your team and school. Team leaders are not permitted to lead more than one project.
Read the Rubric
The rubric is used to evaluate your proposal. Be sure your project follows these guidelines.
Download the Application Template
Preview the application questions so you can prepare for the questions in advance. Share them with your team!
Obtain the Necessary Signatures
Obtain both your Principal’s and Superintendent’s signatures on the endorsement form and attach it to your application when prompted.
Complete the Project Budget
Download the EIG Budget spreadsheet template provided to itemize and tally the total expenses for your project, and submit this form with your completed application. This is the only budget template that will be accepted with your application.
The application period for the 2024-2025 year will open no later than December 1, 2023.
Teams of K-12 Summit County educators in public, private, parochial, or not-for-profit charter schools are eligible to apply.
- Help students meet or exceed Ohio’s Learning Standards.
- Incorporate evidence-based teacher professional development.
- Help teachers and students achieve and/or promote the district or school’s vision.
- Demonstrate support for keeping learners on track for college and career readiness, as demonstrated by the cradle-to-career journey.
EIG does not fund:
- Teacher stipends
- Furniture or capital improvements
- Incentives or rewards for students (pencils, pens, stickers, etc)
- Standard school supplies
- Any materials or supplies not connected to the curricular purpose of EIG (See rubric)
How Much Should I Request?
- Grants to improve achievement in one classroom: Up to $5,000
- Grants to improve achievement in two or more classrooms: Up to $10,000
Grant Preparation Workshops
Workshops are conducted for interested educators to describe the application process, explain the decision criteria, and answer questions.